Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Button, Button, who's got the button?

Hello my fellow Crafties! So, this past weekend was a whirlwind of activity and this week has has been no different. Last weekend was the first of 2 weekends which I won't accomplish the completion of an art project. But, never fear, I still played and played and even got my sister to join in the fun! She needed help making a decorative Halloween piece for her office-so I packed up my Crop in Style XL and headed on over making a quick stop at Michael's to pick up a T!m Configuration Box. Nothing beats crafting, except crafting with loved ones! At first Sis wasn't into T!m's style, but Halloween just isn't Halloween without DISTRESSING!!!! She hasn't quite finished her project so I will post pics next weekend.

I did get started on my Steampunk tags, and I'm really having a ball. I usually make completely identical tags for my swaps, but this time, I wanted to try a bunch of different things because I was just in a playful mood. I also wanted to try out a really neat technique featured on YouTube by Dawn Olchefske. So I also made a card using the heat embossing technique and some neato-mosquito embossing powder.

Here are my backgrounds-embossed using my TH folders and various powders

Stampendous! Deco Lady Stamp called "Steampunk" to me. I used my Acrylic Paint Dabber to ink it up, stamped image onto white cardstock and used my ink blending tool to color the background. Glossy Accents adheres the gears to her hair and more gears are stamped on either side of her.


That beautiful bold orange is the Limited Edition Fall Distress Ink color, Ripe Persimmon!

Well, the tag is on it's side, but hopefully you can get the idea. I think my Steampunk  lady needs some lace so I may add that for trim to finish off my tag. 1 down, 6 more to go for my swap-and if I'm not mistaken, one is getting shipped off to T!m Holtz! No pressure!!
So right in line with my tags, here is the front of my card-pay no attention to the mess behind  it! LOL I'm down to a  10x10" workspace! I used Ranger's Holographic embossing powder and unfortunately couldn't capture the effect with my camera and lighting...but it's very pretty. I couldn't write in the card as my handwriting leaves much to be desired, so instead I just lined the inside with matching paper from Graphic45 and Glossy Accent'd some of the flowers for that WOW factor.

This coming weekend, I'm taking some much needed time off and spending it at the Happiest Place on Earth. Celebrating my cousin's birthday, trick or treating a month early and taking in the sights and sounds is just what this girl needs! I'm hoping to be back in full crafty force upon my return. Until then, be crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment