Saturday, December 15, 2012

Time keeps on slippin'...into the future

Hello Lovlies,

Well, it's been over a year since my last post. Work has been crazy, we packed up and moved into a bigger place, got a puppy, lost my mojo, blah blah blah...the point is, I'm back and I'm making a lot of commitments to myself, my art and my blog.

Part of the problem at the old place was, it was so small! There was no dedicated place for anything. I got this spiffy contraption to give my stuff a home-but really it was just to get things put away and out of sight in cubbies. I've collected quite a few wonderful things for my crafting stash, but without a proper system in place to utilize everything. Then it got to the point where I could only craft for a few minutes here and there-which meant I spent most of my time LOOKING for what I wanted to craft with. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

While I'm getting myself organized, I'm also taking a step back to really think about where I've put my crafting money and where my heart is. I have been a Stampin' Up demonstrator for almost 2 years, and while there's plenty to love, there is still plenty that isn't quite doing it for me. I have a few companies that I adore everything they put out, so at this point I need to make a decision. In order to buy anything, I have to commit to participating in that company's online challenges, for use in my own crafty get-togethers, or because I have a specific person that I need to make something for. While that seems broad and full of loop-holes, I have already completed one card for the December Sketch Challenge at the Some Odd Girl blog, which I'll be posting shortly. I also have another challenge in the works, this time for Simply Betty Stamps. I can't wait to get started on that one!

More later on how I'm getting organized and what other challenges I'm up to. In the meantime, stay crafty!


No comments:

Post a Comment